Imagine an emission program that articulately matches your practices, chemicals, and equipment? The software would make emission tracking, greenhouse gas reporting, and environmental management easy and fun. Often, companies make the big mistake of dedicating standard databases to manage their emissions.
Well, it is likely to result in disappointments, and if you targeted compliance, penalties and legal suits might come knocking. The best way out is to ensure you have the best emissions management software. Keep reading as we delve deeper into the programs to help you understand how they work and features to look for.
Managing Air Quality for Your Company
Suppose you have a company, especially a manufacturing or processing facility, which produces emissions. In that case, it is prudent to strictly follow the laid down guidelines for cutting down emissions to address the problems of air pollution and global warming. So, how exactly do you manage emissions to achieve the targeted reduction rates?
The first step is crafting a reliable air management strategy for your company. This requires a comprehensive approach that factors a number of things, such as business engineering (including types of equipment and machinery), environmental, and economic-related factors for addressing emissions with accuracy. All about the climate reporting here.
For example, you should review your product development process to determine what chemicals are used, the equipment, and waste generation. Then, think of how the entire process can be used to reduce emissions.
In addition to the above factors, you need to set the control strategy in line with the targeted emission reduction goals for your company. It will be a good idea to follow your industry or country’s emission reduction policies for compliance. If your country has a department, such as the EPA in the US, which guides emissions strategy formulation, make sure to use their guidelines too. Here are some steps that you can use to create a good emission management strategy:
● Identify priority pollutants in your facility
● Define measures for controlling pollution at the source
● Create a strategy for control
● Get an appropriate emission management software
What are Emissions Management Programs?
Emission management programs are apps designed to work with your strategy to track and calculate your facility's emissions. The primary function is to track the emission and ensure the set thresholds are not surpassed (All about SASB Standards).
In addition, the program should come with red flags that can help you to note when carbon dioxide, sulfur oxide, or other harmful emissions reach specific levels.
The program should also be easy to integrate with the company management system to gather other important data, such as costs, targets, and production rates, for deeper assessments and adjustments. For example, are the new emission surges as a result of the fuel used in the system or properties of raw material?
Advantages Using Emissions Management Software
As the efforts to control the problem of greenhouse gases continue to gain pace, the set targets can only be achieved by having the right software. Therefore, the best emissions management software will come in handy to help with compliance. Other advantages of working with a good program for emissions control include:
- You can use it for both emission management and ESG reporting. The reporting is an important process because it helps stakeholders understand the commitment to sustainability.
- Emission management software comes in handy to help your company run in top condition. Because they are designed to ensure your system is highly efficient to keep the emissions low, it also implies that you get to enjoy high productivity. Machines will also be maintained in top condition, which means fewer downtimes, less damage, and longer life.
- Reduced emission levels mean a better working environment for staff. This will go a long way in reducing upper-respiratory-related issues and sick offs for your employees.
- Greater satisfaction knowing that you are helping to address the current global challenges. So, whether you noticed frozen polar ice thawing faster than the normal rate or loss of habitat in the tropics, cutting emissions means you have done your bit. If others do their bits too, the world will be the ultimate home for us, the people, and wildlife.
Features to Look for When Selecting the Best Emissions Management Software
Emission systems are designed with varying capabilities, and it is upon you to select the one that best fits your targets. For example, the document storage system and calculations for environmental reports can range from the standard designs for new organizations and startups to robust ones for large manufacturers with multiple branches across the globe.
So, let’s look at the main features that you should check:
● Emission Reporting and Documentation
This is a vital feature, and no matter the ESG software you select, it should have it. The feature is used to document the information gathered from your facility and generate reports. The best emissions management software comes with reminder systems that alert you when red flags are reached or deadlines are nearing. The feature also allows the centralization of information so that it is easily tracked and accessed by those granted access rights.
● Compliance Management Feature
This is a process for evaluating your company’s systems to ensure that they strictly adhere to the rules and regulations set for the industry. Part of this is gathering data and reporting the levels of different emissions. For a program to run this functionality, it will also require feeding with regulatory information.
● Emission Threshold Evaluation
The best emissions management software should also make it possible to track various emission thresholds in line with key performance indicators (KPIs). For example, reaching specific emission levels at the recommended thresholds might be used to indicate that specific actions, such as maintenance, are needed.
Having the best emissions management software is crucial for your company's sustainability and compliance efforts. It also makes it easy to regularly analyze the emission data, develop environmental reports and craft outstanding strategies for growth and success. Remember that the program should be developed to match your company's needs. Reach Diginex.com today for the best emissions management software.