We may repeal or amend these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion without notice or liability to you and you are advised to review the most recent version of the Terms on a regular basis. By continuing to use the Site or our services, or to receive our alerts or updates, following such modifications, you agree to be bound by such repeal or amendment.
The Site and services are intended exclusively for Hong Kong residents. There is no guarantee that the Site, the information contained therein, our alerts or updates, or the services, comply with the laws or regulations of any other jurisdiction, and you may not access the Site, receive alerts or updates, or use our services in case of non-compliance with applicable law.
These Terms shall be governed in all aspects by the laws of Hong Kong. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the Site or our services, shall be exclusively referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Hong Kong at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, under the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre Administered Arbitration Rules. The language of the arbitration shall be English, the arbitration tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator.
User conduct on this site
You may not use the Site or permit others to use it in any way and for any purpose which is unlawful, defamatory or libellous, offensive, abusive, indecent, menacing or threatening or in any way that infringes any intellectual property rights or breaches any obligations of confidence, or to cause inconveniences, annoyance to any other persons or in any other way which is in violation of any applicable law or regulation in any jurisdiction in the world or to introduce a virus or other disruptive material or element or otherwise disrupt or impair this Site or any communication service.
Links to and from our site
The links on the Site may take you to other sites and you acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any information provided by liked websites. Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement by us of such websites or the information, products, advertising or other materials available on those websites. Neither you nor any other party may use any part of this Site on any other website or link any other website to this Site, without our prior written consent.
Intellectual property rights
The contents of the Site and any communications we may send you are protected by copyright owned or licensed by Diginex. Your access to the Site and acceptance to receiving our communications are for your personal use only. Any other use is strictly prohibited, under no circumstances should information contained herein or any part of it be copied, reproduced, modified, adapted, published, broadcasted, stored, archived, on any medium whatsoever, without Diginex’s express written consent.
No liability nor warranty
The information contained in the Site or provided to you by us is general background and/or public information that is provided for reference purposes only. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information. We believe that the information contained on the Site is accurate as at the date of publication, however, no warranty is made as to accuracy, suitability, usefulness, reliability or completeness of any such information and no liability in respect of any errors or omissions (including any third-party liability) is accepted by Diginex, its directors or employees.
No solicitations nor offer
The information or opinions contained on this Site do not constitute a distribution, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or financial instruments or investment advice or any advice or recommendation in respect of such securities or other financial instrument, nor is the information directed at any jurisdiction in which such offer, sale or recommendation is not authorised nor is it directed at persons which such offer, sale or recommendation is not authorised. Should you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any content contained on this Site, you do so at your own risk. Before you make any decision or take any action that might affect you or your personal finances or business, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional adviser(s) to obtain appropriate financial, legal, accounting, tax and other advice.
It is your sole responsibility to adequately protect and back up your data and equipment, undertake reasonable and appropriate precautions against any computer virus or other destructive materials or elements, and ensure that your computer and your access to this Site are adequately secured against any unauthorised users.
Data protection and privacy
A cookie and similar technologies such as local storage, web beacons, and pixel tags (“Cookie”) is a text file that is stored on your computer or other mobile devices for the purpose of gathering information about your use of the Site.
Our Cookies do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
Analytic Cookies are also used on Site to gather statistics about the use of the Site to improve the performance and design of our services. For these purposes, we use analytic Cookies to collect information like the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from, etc. These Cookies are provided by our third-party analytics tool provider (Google Analytics) and the information obtained through these Cookies will be disclosed to, or collected directly by, this third-party service provider. For more information about Google Analytics’ cookie and information practices, please visit the link: Google Analytics.
How you can manage your cookie
Please note that most web browsers accept Cookies automatically. You can change setting of your browser to not save any or certain Cookie on your device or to always display a warning before receiving a new Cookie. If Cookies are disabled, however, you may experience reduced functionality on the Site.
Third party websites
Certain links on this Site may lead to third party websites with their own privacy policies and you will need to read those policies carefully. We are not responsible for those contents.
Personal data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you (“Data”):
- Basic personal details and contact information that you provide to us, for example when you fill out a contact or web form, or if you register to receive alerts or updates;
- Site usage and other technical data such as information about the browser or device you use to access this Site, how you use this Site and the pages you visit, traffic and location data;
- Recruitment related data such as your curriculum vitae, your education and employment history, details of professional memberships and other information relevant to potential; recruitment to Diginex Group Companies when you submit a job application via the Career section of our Site;
- Any other personal data relating to you that you may provide
How we use your data
We will only use the Data where we have your consent, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law. Unless otherwise stated, we’ll use the Data on the basis that it’s within our legitimate interests in operating and maintaining the Site and providing you with Site functionality and related services. We may use the Data provided or obtained:
- Respond to your queries and feedback;
- Provide you with information, products or services you have requested or which we feel may interest you, unless you tell us otherwise;
- Carry out our obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Provide you with alerts or updates where you’ve consented to receive these by registering on the Site;
- Process applications for employment submitted via the Careers section of our Site and to assess your suitability for any position for which you may apply through Diginex Group Companies;
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site;
- Notify you about changes to the Site.
- Ensure Site content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you’re accessing it from
- Undertake Data analytics to learn more about how you and others interact with this Site and with our advertising
- Detect and prevent misuse or abuse of this Site or our services
We also use the Data to meet our compliance obligations, to comply with other laws and regulations and to share with regulators and other authorities that Diginex Group Companies are subject to. This may include using it to help detect or prevent crime (including terrorism financing, money laundering and other financial crimes). We will only do this on the basis that it’s needed to comply with a legal obligation, it is in our legitimate interests and that of others or to prevent or detect unlawful acts.
Who we share your data with
We may share your Data in order to provide you with products or services you have requested, if we have a legitimate interest in doing so (for example, to manage risk, verify your identity, to combat fraud, abuse of the Site or services), or where you agreed to us doing so.
We may share Data with others including: Diginex Group Companies and any of our service providers; anyone else whose products and services you’ve requested; anyone who we’re under an obligation to disclose Data to or where doing so is in the public interest (for example to prevent or detect fraud, abuse of the Site or services).
How long we keep your data
We will retain your Data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which this Data was collected and any other permitted linked purpose, for example we retain information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or for our legitimate purposes, such as responding to queries or complaints, fighting fraud and financial crime, responding to requests from regulators, etc. Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.
Countries we transfer your data to
The Data may be transferred to and stored in locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it or where you are viewing our Site. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), this will mean that your Data may be transferred to, accessible from, and/or stored at, a destination outside the EEA in which data protection laws may not be as comprehensive as the EEA. When we do this, we will ensure it has an appropriate level of protection that the transfer is lawful.
Your rights in relation to your data
Under some circumstances, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, you may have the rights to require us to:
- Provide you with a copy of information of Data that we hold about you;
- Update any inaccuracies in the Data we hold;
- Delete any Data that we no longer have a lawful ground to use. We may continue to retain your information if we’re entitled or required to retain it;
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent to our processing of Data, which you can do at any time. We may continue to process the Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so;
- The right to object to processing of Data when it is based on our legitimate interests, and separately the right to object to direct marketing; and
- The right to object to, and to request that we restrict, our processing of Data in some circumstances. Again, there may be situations where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of Data but we’re entitled to continue processing the Data and/or to refuse that request.
How we keep your information secure
We use a range of measures to keep the Data safe and secure which may include encryption and other forms of security. We require our staff and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards including obligations to protect the Data and applying appropriate measures for the use and transfer of the Data.
How you can contact us
Last updated: January 2019