Department: Sustainability Team – Global Supply Chains
Line Manager: Head of ESG
Contract: Full Time
diginex is a disruptive impact tech business helping organisations to address the world’s most pressing ESG and sustainability issues, utilising the latest technology to lead change and increase transparency. diginex’s frontier-pushing SaaS products are used by both companies and governments to tackle challenges including corporate environmental responsibility, supply chain due diligence, labour rights impact assessments and ESG data management. We help organizations who want to do better and be more responsible, to realise the commercial benefits of ESG and make data-driven decisions to mitigate risk, build resilience and capitalize on growth opportunities. By using diginex’s impact technology to gather data and better understand their operations with increased transparency, organisations can future proof their business models and accelerate growth, while contributing to a better future.
As diginex scales, an opportunity has arisen for a Sustainability Specialist to join our team. With recent product launches and partnerships with leading consumer brands, this role will play a critical part in the growth of our existing product offerings and project implementation.
As a Sustainability Specialist you will report to the Head of ESG. Your expertise in business and human rights and experience in design, implementation, and management of projects in the areas of human rights and supply chain due diligence and responsible business conduct will contribute to the successful delivery of our solutions to clients across multiple sectors and jurisdictions. You will work closely with our clients in an advisory capacity as well as manage various aspects of project development, optimization and roll-out.
· Demonstrated commitment to, passion for, and knowledge of social issues in global supply chains including human rights and environmental due diligence (HREDD)
· Contribute your sustainability expertise to ongoing diginex projects and client advisory work. This includes the ability to work closely with clients and product managers to translate knowledge on human rights and environmental issues into practical technology solutions with scalable and long-term impact.
· Develop content for our innovative platform, diginexLUMEN, including providing domain knowledge on key issues impacting working conditions such as labor rights, discrimination, gender equity, occupational health and safety and other supply chain due diligence topics including ESG.
· Monitor and evaluate key developments concerning HREDD in global supply chains including innovations in the social impact technology field.
· Utilize your research and writing skills to co-publish “thought-leadership” articles and bring attention to our work with social media posts.
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, human rights, law, human resources, or another relevant field.
· At least 5+ years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: global supply chains, business and human rights, sustainability, international development, and social impact technology.
· Experience working with private sector, governmental and civil society stakeholders - with the ability to explain complex concepts and issues to non-technical stakeholders.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and internal stakeholders (e.g. product managers) and to make presentations at external stakeholder events as opportunities arise.
· Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible to change as opportunities arise.
· A team player and experience in managing projects and client engagements independently.
· Fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of a relevant second language is considered an asset.